Saturday, October 23, 2010

Adamson's French Dip Sandwich and Wood Fired Oven in Sunnyvale, CA


First of all, this place has a crazy-*ss name: Adamson's French Dip Sandwich and Wood Fired Oven. Second of all, one would probably go here mainly for the French Dip Sandwiches, but I tried the fries anyway.

The price is right! A buck-ninety-five for a medium size serving. And the first bite was scrumptious. The fries are almost orange in color and I don't know why (should I be concerned?). They certainly have a very prominent "lardy" taste, as if they have been cooked with some sort of meat. You might think: Perhaps the oil they're cooked in is the same oil used to cook the various meats served? But that can't be, since according to their web site, "the meat is roasted in a real wood-fired oven." Or perhaps it was just the flavor of the oil itself; sometimes even vegetable oil can make fries taste as if they've been fried in lardy animal product.

While seasoned well with salt, after the first 5 or so fries, the lard flavor started to annoy me. Now, that doesn't mean I didn't finish the fries, but I can't say I would take a trip out of my way to revisit. (Apparently the meat sandwiches are pretty darn good, although I cannot personally vouch for this claim.)

Price:$1.95
Portion Size: Medium
Texture: Crispy on outside,
soft on the inside

Bonus Surprise: Almost orange in color
Greasiness Level: 5 out of 5 (pretty darn greasy)
Seasoning: Pretty well seasoned with salt
Fried in: Some sort of vegetable oil

Condiments: Choose your own: ketchup, mustard, hot sauce, pepper, salt

Overall Quality of French Fries: 6 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment