Thursday, February 11, 2010

Luka's Taproom and Bar in Oakland, CA


I ordered the Luka's Belgian-Style Fries at lunch time, and partner-in-crime for the day Rebecca got hers as a side to burger. A small serving is $4, a large is $6. I ordered a small and thought the pricing fair, especially since they come with fun, tasty dipping options. The presentation is nice and the fries come with three condiments: chipotle aioli; smoked paprika ketchup; and herbed aioli. I must mention that Rebecca's fries came with aioli as well, which I think is a very nice touch. I enjoyed all of my condiments, although I wasn't completely blown away by any of them. My favorite by far was the chipotle aioli because it had a bit of a spicy kick to it. The fries themselves come piping hot and are nice and crisp on the inside and soft on the inside. They were unfortunately underseasoned and needed several shakes of salt (mainly because the salt kept falling to the bottom of the glass every time I tried to add some). Overall, a nice, tasty lunch treat.



Price: $4.00
Portion Size: Medium, and a perfect portion size for those "watching their weight"–not too big and not too small
Texture: Crispy outside and soft inside
Greasiness Level: 1 out of 5
Seasoning: Salt, but underseasoned
Fried in: Canola oil
Condiments: Chipotle aioli, smoked paprika ketchup, herbed aioli. Nice to have indeed!

Overall Quality of French Fries: 7 out of 10

Finding another 10 out of 10 is going to be difficult for sure.
Delfina (see 2nd post of the blog) is giving everyone a run for their money!

1 comment:

  1. that was fun! and yummy fries!! do you consider presentation as you judge fries? I think luka's has pretty good presentation. :)

    ReplyDelete