Saturday, July 2, 2011

FiveTenBurger Truck in Oakland, CA

I made it here at the verylastsecond just before the FiveTenBurger truck was closing up (disappointing groups of people waiting behind me). My fellow taster loved the fries, but for me they were a bit too much on the chewy side, which is not a texture I love in a french fry.
(extreme closeup)
Now, I want to explain something here. I enjoy the "bite" or chew of a fry, no doubt about it. However, I do not want my fry to have the consistency of chewing gum. For me, slight chew equals A-OK. Too much chew equals Only OK if Gum, and if in fact gum, a french fry-flavored gum.

That being said, the fries were perfectly seasoned, well salted with just a hint of garlic. Plus, the portion was absolutely huge for $2.50, and while I felt pretty "city" doing it, the fact that they were served in a bag allowed me to walk and eat at the same time. If I spot this truck again, I am there!
+++
 

Price: $7.00
Portion Size: Large
Texture: Slightly crispy on outside, soft on the inside, and overall pretty chewy
Greasiness Level: 4 out of 5 (pretty greasy)
Seasoning: Well seasoned with salt and a hint of garlic
Fried in: Some sort of vegetable oil. They use something called "garlic oil." Does this mean the fries are cooked in garlic oil, or simply tossed in garlic oil? And what kind of oil is this, specifically?
Condiments: ketchup
Overall Quality of French Fries: 7 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment