Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sparky's Giant Burgers in Oakland, CA




The Team took a fun trip to Sparky's Giant Burgers, up in the Oakland Hills. You literally feel like you're in a small mountain town. I had my fries with a fish sandwich, which seem pretty hard to find around these parts. The sandwich didn't do much for me, but the fries were pretty darn tasty!

I should point out that these were the first fries I'd tasted since becoming a victim of salmonella poisoning, so I'm not sure if that perhaps skewed my opinion of Sparky's fries. That being said, I did very much enjoy these fries. They had an unusual chewiness to them that I found very satisfying. I know that sounds gross, but I think it's the way they cook them (and hopefully not that they were old!). As the menu states, the fries are "sliced daily," and for 2 bucks and some change they are worth the trip up the hill.

Price:$2.35
Portion Size: Medium
Texture: Crisp on the outside, soft on the inside. Overall wonderful chewiness to them.
Greasiness Level: 3 out of 5 (slightly greasy)
Seasoning: A bit underseasoned
Fried in: Some sort of vegetable oil
Condiments: Choose your own condiments, ketchup, mustard, pepper, salt, hot sauce

Overall Quality of French Fries: 8 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment