Friday, April 9, 2010

Ole's Waffle Shop in Alameda, CA



So I'm not going to lie. Ole's is known for their killer greasy spoon breakfasts, and not for their french fries. These were definitely pre-cut and frozen, and slightly undercooked. However, I knew what I was getting into even though I'd never ordered fries at Ole's before. And they were just what I needed.

Not amazing, or even very "good", but will do in a pinch. And not too bad of a price, either. If you don't want to be disappointed, however, stick with the waffles!

Price:$2.31 (mine came with a tuna melt sandwich)
Portion Size: Medium
Texture: Undercooked and soft on outside, a bit mushy on the inside
Greasiness Level: 3 out of 5
Seasoning: Quite underseasoned
Fried in: Some sort of vegetable oil
Condiments: Choose your own condiments, ketchup, mustard,pepper, salt

Overall Quality of French Fries: 3 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment